Saturday, April 4, 2009

Store to Store

Today I went into a local wine store I visit from time to time. When I was looking around I noticed good sized priced discrepancies on what I usually pay for wines in a more frequented store. I can't say that everything was more expensive (in fact the wine I purchased: Georges Deboeuf Cabernet Sauvignon was priced a dollar less than the other store) but most wines were. Some other examples of price discrepancies were todays store's Yellow Tail varietals were 2 dollars more the frequent stores. Beringer Nights Valley was cheaper in todays store but Beringer California Collection Cabernet Sauvignon was much cheaper (we're talking almost 2 dollars on a wine that's already under $10) in the frequent store. My point is that if you have access to multiple wine stores in your area it can save you money by shopping around and taking note of the price nuances.

PVD

No comments:

Post a Comment